Various research shows that diet has a great impact on the diseases and ailments we suffer on a daily basis. In the case of cancer, it has been verified that following an unbalanced diet and full of chemicals greatly favors its appearance. Do not hesitate to read the following article in which you will discover which foods can cause cancer.
Some of the foods that we consume on a daily basis, without realizing it, substantially increase the possibility of contracting this disease, which causes the death of millions of people every year in the world.
Foods that can cause or aggravate cancer
- Transgenic foods. Genetically modified organisms, better known as GMOs, cause many diseases in our bodies, the most common of which is cancer. The chemicals used for their culture generate tumors. The problem is that GMOs are hidden everywhere. Especially in the majority of soybean , maize or rapeseed foods (and their derivatives). They can be avoided by not consuming them and by opting for a certified and verified organic diet, that is, not grown using biotechnology.
- Pasteurized meats. All products of animal origin such as sausage, bacon, sausages, mortadella etc. contain chemical preservatives in order to appear very fresh and attractive but in return they cause cancer . Nitrite and sodium nitrate are linked to the significant increase in the risk of contraction of this disease, including colon cancer. It is important, if you want to eat meat, to choose dried meat products, free of nitrates and preferably from grass-fed animals and not corn.
- The popcorn in the microwave. Popcorn, popcorn, is very simple to prepare. Simply put a bag in the microwave and within two minutes, and you get the perfect companion for a good movie on the sofa. However, the mixture of these ingredients added to the radiations of this household appliance product are related to cancer and infertility. Popcorn is composed of diacetyl, a substance with a (artificial) butter taste, and is directly related to severe lung disease. In addition, some of the foods used in popcorn may contain genetically modified organisms. If you want to enjoy this snack, buy the corn and do it yourself in a closed pan with a little oil.
- Standard or “diet” refreshing drinks. Refreshing drinks can cause cancers, it’s as simple as that. This is not only due to the fact that they contain large amounts of sugars (those which are not lightened), but also to their high content of chemicals, dyes, additives and the like. Refreshers and sodas acidify the body and “feed” cancer cells. “Light” drinks are even more dangerous since they contain aspartame, an artificial sweetener that brings various diseases such as cancers and congenital defects. Other sweeteners such as sucralose (Splenda) and saccharin have been correlated with different pathologies. Always choose natural or freshly squeezed juices and, at best, for water.
- Refined flour. It is white and is a common ingredient in many processed foods. Its excess in carbohydrates is worrying. Their regular consumption causes a 220% increase in cases of breast cancer in women. Having a high glycemic level causes blood sugar levels to increase rapidly, which in turn fuels the growth of cancer cells. Go for whole grains (yellow or brown) and prepare your own dishes. Do not buy breaded or processed foods.
- Refined sugar. In the same way as refined flour, white sugar tends to increase insulin and cancer cells in the blood. Be careful with high-fructose foods, such as corn syrup (found in many supermarket products), which are quite dangerous to our body. Small and large cakes, juices, sauces, cereals and refreshing drinks contain them. This explains in part why there is always more cancer in the world. To sweeten, nothing better than stevia (buy the dry plant) or honey (organic preferably).
- Hydrogenated oils. They are used to preserve treated foods so that they do not decompose. But they have a counterpart, that of altering the structure and flexibility of the cell membranes of our body. This can cause “weakening” diseases, such as cancer, among others. Trans fatty acids are found in many foods that we buy and consume on a daily basis. Although many manufacturers have replaced them with safer alternatives, such as palm oil, there is still a long way to go. It is advisable not to obtain a product containing trans fatty acids.
- Fruit and vegetables of industrial production. How is it possible that the healthiest fruits can cause cancer? In fact, the problem lies not in the food itself, but in the way to grow it, before it is sold. 98% of fruits and vegetables are contaminated with pesticides, which cause cancer. At the top of this black list are the apples, followed by grapes, strawberries, coriander and then potatoes. The products that are spread in the fields of cultivation and which avoid diseases and epidemics, make the people who consume them sick. Ingestion of these fruits by women of childbearing age causes problems for their children, such as lower IQ or attention problems. To avoid this, always choose organic or certified products without pesticides. Go to local markets.