One of the signs that can most alarm a man is the fact that something strange happens in the glans, foreskin or testicles. The male member is very sensitive and any anomaly can be most scandalous. Precisely the glans is the most sensitive area of man and the most often worry when they appear, for example, blisters, bubbles or sores. This can occur for many reasons, such as genital herpes, syphilis, sexually transmitted diseases or infections.
Why do I have blisters on the glans?
The main causes of having blisters on the glans are:
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Allergic reactions
Then we will explain one by one these possible causes of sores or bubbles in the glans .
Blisters on the glans after having sex
One of the main causes of having bubbles in the penis is due to sexual intercourse, such as friction blisters or STDs.
Blisters on the glans due to friction
Sometimes it can be a great friction making love, especially if you tend to have sex that is hard or very close. In these cases small blisters can come out due to chafing, as if it were a burn.
However, if you have sex without a condom, you may also get a sexually transmitted disease, such as the following:
Sexually transmitted diseases
- Genital herpes : There are two types of viruses that cause genital herpes, the herpes simplex virus type 1 (better known as HSV-1) and the simple virus type 2 (or HSV-2). This virus can be transmitted not only through vaginal or anal sex, but also oral sex, without the need for your partner to have visible herpes. If you have blisters on the glans due to herpes, these will probably burst and leave painful sores. If you have questions, you can read the following article on How to recognize genital herpes.
- Syphilis: syphilis can not only cause blisters on the glans, but also long-term death if not treated properly. There are four states of syphilis, depending on the symptoms that arise: primary, secondary, latent and advanced. Usually, the bubbles in the glans are produced in the first and second stages of syphilis. You can learn more here: What are the symptoms of syphilis.
- Human papilloma virus (HPV): this is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. It is said that 80% of the population has it and does not know it because it usually does not usually show symptoms. However, when presented, these can be shown as warts or blisters on the glans and other parts of the penis, in the case of men. Although sometimes these warts leave in other parts of the body, like the hands. You can learn more here: How to detect human papilloma in men .
Whether or not you are sure that you have been able to get any of these STDs, it is best to try not to burst any of your member’s blisters and go to the doctor as soon as possible so that he can examine you properly and diagnose your problem.
Blisters on the glans and foreskin due to infections
The most common infections that cause blisters on the glans are:
- Folliculitis: although it seems that it does not have much to do, the truth is that yes, the infection of a follicle, either by an ingrown hair or another reason, can cause a bacterial or fungal infection that would be shown, among others, with sores in penis.
- Candidiasis : This is a fungal infection, which is also known as candidosis, moniliasis or oidiomycosis, and which is caused by any of the species of Candidas, which are nothing more or nothing less than yeast. One of the most common symptoms in this disease is the inflammation of the mucous membranes that, in the case of men, can present as sores on the glans and genital burning.
There are many other possible infections that affect the glans. However, these are the most common. The best thing is that before any discomfort, you go to the doctor before the infection that you have evolved and goes to more.
Other causes of sores on the glans
Among many other causes of blisters on the glans, may be the following:
- Cancer: Penile cancer usually occurs infrequently, although the most common symptoms are redness, irritation, sores and blisters on the penis. The cause of penile cancer can be very diverse, but it is usually due to human papilloma virus, smoking or AIDS or another disease that weakens the immune system.
- Acne: Acne, although usually present on the face, chest and shoulders, sometimes it can be the case that it appears in other body forms, such as the genitals.
- Allergies: sometimes, some allergic reactions can cause blisters of blood in the glans, sores in the glans with burning and granites or white blisters in the penis.
Treatment for sores on the glans
The treatment for the sores on the glans will depend on the reason for having these blisters. Also, it is most likely that your GP will refer you to the urologist to do the relevant tests and prescribe the most appropriate treatment for your case.
However, we leave you below some treatments of the blisters on the glans depending on its cause:
- How to cure herpes.
- How is syphilis treated?
- How to get rid of the human papilloma virus.
- How to treat folliculitis.
- How to treat candidiasis with home remedies.
If you want to read more articles similar to Causes and treatment of blisters on the glans, we recommend you to enter our category of Health.
Article Source: Tape Daily