For a good quality of life and to prevent asthma attacks , asthmatics must manage well asthma . The treatments will help him, as well as the application of certain gestures in everyday life. What are the right reflexes to manage your asthma on a daily basis?
The goal of asthmatics: control your asthma
In France, 4 million people are asthmatic and the disease is constantly increasing. One in two asthmatics does not take proper treatment.
Proper control of asthma is:
- Reduce the number and intensity of asthma attacks .
- Limit the respiratory symptoms during the day and at night (and thus improve the quality of its sleep).
- Well follow his treatment.The medications actually allow you to control the majority of asthma . Yet in France, it is estimated that 40% of people with asthma do not follow their treatment correctly.
- Practice daily activities (sports, professional, leisure …).
A well-controlled asthma results in a “more normal” life with very few symptoms during the day, no nighttime wakefulness and an active life where physical activity is possible. So how to control asthma and minimize the repercussions of asthma in everyday life?
Asthma: what are the good reflexes in everyday life in the house?
In order to properly manage asthma in everyday life , it is necessary to identify the factors triggering crises in the house (irritants, allergens, pollutants) and to escape from it. If preventive treatment is prescribed, do not stop it without the advice of your doctor. Take it every day, even if you are fine.
- Clean regularly, including in the room and eliminate the dust nests as much as possible: wardrobe, cupboard.
- Avoid carpets and curtains. If not, wash them regularly.
- Avoid draperies, furniture (fabric sofa, upholstered chair) and any kind of decoration that can retain dust.
- Avoid allergenic plants.
- All new wooden furniture releases irritating volatile organic compounds (VOCs). You must ventilate for several months or expose your furniture for some time in a ventilated place (garage, veranda …) before installing it in your home.
- Similarly, many DIY products diffuse toxic substances: varnishes, paints, glues, waxes, and even deodorants and cleaning products: learn to do without.
- Ventilate every room every day, apart from pollution peaks.
- Particularly in the kitchen and in the bathroom, fight against mold. In terms of mold, bleach is very effective.
- Beware of some household products (bearing the “toxic” logo) and avoid aerosols.
- Against dust mites and animal hair, avoid letting animals enter and forbid the room.
- And of course, avoid any active or passive smoking.